Hello! My name is Kwade. I am a graduate of Spring Arbor University. I hold a Bachelor of Art concentrated in Design and Drawing. I've pushed those skills learned through design and fine art opportunities in work and life. I always soak up new information and experiences. I create balance wherever I can. I am focused on learning and growing in skills and knowledge. I spend much of my time absorbing information and making that knowledge work for me or whatever I'm working to accomplish.
Spring Arbor University, Spring Arbor, Michigan (2009-2013)
BA in Art with concentrations in Drawing and Graphic Design
graduated with honors
My Work History
Contract Branding and Consulting (September 2012 – Current):
I provided full range branding services, web and UI layout, marketing materials, product catalog, and book and magazine design, to individuals. I have worked with locals and regional design firms, on clients ranging from Ferno EMS, Yanfeng Automotive Interiors, Southwest Michigan First (business development), along with nonprofits, churches, and several authors.
Graphic Designer (November 2016 – June 2017):
I worked as the Graphic Designer for a reservation software tech startup. I was responsible for marketing materials and assisting in UI design and testing shaping the visual narrative of the reservation application.
Contract Designer (Holland, MI, Summer – November 2015 – June 2016):
I worked under contract with 2 Fish Co, marketing and design rm. I was tasked with various projects from product catalog design, social media management, digital and print marketing materials, web updating and editing.
Interim Media Director (North Muskegon, MI, Fall of 2014):
I worked as the director and manager of media operations ranging digital material, print media, live production, and assisting shaping the experience and visual narrative for attendies at Calvary Church of Muskegon, MI.
I started out in retail, food services, and recreational industries where I've worked in customer service, sales, and relations since 2007.
- Input – I’m adept at gathering new experiences and information.
- Learning – I’m predisposed to growing, learning, and improving myself.
- Researching – I thrive on understanding and collecting more information in any given field of interest.
- Empathy – I relate and focus on how situations and actions affect others.
- Discipline – I aim to accomplish my tasks and I am focused on finishing goals.
I’ve been credited for contributions to several published books.
I showed in the Midwest Regional Christian College Art competition – in 2010 and 2011.
I’ve been published with my work on the (269) Magazine – in 2015.
Art Showing History
- Midwest Regional Christian College Art Competition – fall of 2011, Spring Arbor University
- Shared Gallery Senior Exhibition – fall of 2013, Spring Arbor University
- 6 University Guest Juried shows – 2009–2013, Spring Arbor University